click map april tweeeet love fw tx donate

July 2, 2013

January, February, and March!


JANUARY
January I was able to attend Miss America to support the beautiful, smart, and talented DaNae Couch, Miss Texas 2012!  I was so proud of her incredible accomplishments.






After Miss America, I buckled down and studied for the LSAT.











FEBRUARY
Toast to Life - The Toast to Life event is another DIFFA fundraiser.  I loved being able to spend time with my beautiful pageant sisters <3


Also, I would like to mention this month, the Violence Against Women Act was reauthorized and expanded!!

MARCH
Breakfast with the Stars for the Tarrant County Food Bank - At this event with some of my Fort Worth Organization sisters, I found a man making balloon animals and was able to get him to give me a non-twisted one so I was able to twist one myself!



 On Dr. Seuss' birthday I went to read to the children at NorthEast Mall in Hurst, Texas!



I also attended a fundraiser for SafeHaven of Tarrant County at the Studio Movie Grill in Arlington!


My favorite appearance this month, however, was a Wounded Warriors event: Heroes Night Out.  At this event, I met one of the most incredible men I have ever met, Army Sgt. Joel Tavera.  Joel is one of the two most injured Iraq War veterans and now one of my favorite friends.  Tavera is burnt on over 60 percent of his body.  He has also lost his sight, his right leg, part of his skull and some of his fingers.  In 2008, while driving in a Humvee in Iraq, he was struck by a rocket.  However, what Joel has gone through has not changed his funny and full of light disposition.  Every time we have spoken on the phone since our initial meeting, it is as if I am speaking to a regular 25 year old guy with normal considerations and lifestyle.  I feel so blessed that this appearance gave me such an inspirational friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment