click map april tweeeet love fw tx donate

May 16, 2013

December's Holiday Season!


DECEMBER




In the month of December, I was able to attend and assist the Northeast Tarrant County Chamber of Commerce gala w/ Keli Kryfko and Taylor Lowrey.  Thank you so much Heather Bruce for including me in this incredible event!










Additionally, the Miss Texas Organization held a Winter Meeting, which has not occurred since I first became involved in the organization.  It was so great to not only see old friends, but also to meet new ones and hear how the new Board of Directors plans to vastly improve this year's production and establishment of Miss Texas.



Although it wasn't technically an appearance, I find it noteworthy to mention that this month I went to the SMU Celebration of Lights.  It is by far one of my most cherished SMU traditions.  The entire community comes to meet on the quad in front of Dallas Hall where hot chocolate and hot apple cider (my favorite) are given out around the massive Christmas tree.  There are various songs sung by soloists, groups, and with all the attendants together, and then President Turner reads the Christmas story as the crowd lights candles in solidarity.  Finally the event concludes      with the group singing Silent Night.  Being so far from my family, this truly gets me in the holiday spirit.

Along with the Holiday spirit, my fantastic Associate Director, Lynn, registered Holly and me for the Grapevine Parade of Lights.  Lexis donated a beautiful convertible for us to ride in.  We are so thankful for their generosity!


ZINOBER HOLIDAY TIME!
At the end of the month, I went to Florida to visit my family.  My sister's husband is the Executive Director for the Beef O'Brady's Bowl so my whole family was able to go, including both my siblings, my dad, Carolyn, and Dala - my mother.  Also on this trip, I was able to spend time with my beautiful special friend Jillian Joyce.  The Joyce family has always been so supportive and this year they have decided to fly out to support me at Miss Texas!  The extent to which they have become such cherished friends warms my heart.  I cannot express my love for this family and for Jillian, who truly is a gift of a friend.


At the bowl game with my sister - Tina - and mother - Dala.
With my little older sister :-) Love you sissy!
With my amazing daddy at the Tampa Bay Bucs game!  Daddy-daughter time is always my favorite.
The Zinober ladies! Carolyn is truly a blessing.
Yes, my father takes me to take a picture with Santa EVERY year.



AND FINALLY...


 My princess and singing-partner, Jillian Joyce.  I love you with all of my heart.  Thank you for lighting up my life since we were in eighth grade together at the Academy of the Holy Names.  You have taught me what persistence and true and enduring friendship really means.  I have never met anyone else who values friendship as much as you do.  Thank you for always loving me and always being my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Nice posts and very interesting photo. Thank for your sharing. I will surely recommend it to all of my friend. At the same time, I would like to invite you to visit my blog http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete