click map april tweeeet love fw tx donate

November 12, 2012

Crowning


                The past month since I was crowned Miss Tarrant County 2013 on September 28th 2012 has been a whirlwind of new experiences.  Competition night set the stage for the incredible year that will follow.

THE NIGHT I BECAME MISS TARRANT COUNTY 2013:

                Despite the fact that this is my third year to be a part of the Miss Texas Organization, this preliminary competition marked a first for me.  Though I have held two previous local titles, the Miss Fort Worth/Miss Tarrant County pageant was the first time my parents, who live in Florida, were able to see me compete in a local pageant.  The morning of the pageant, I was unable to get ahold of my father and stepmother.  Although everyone else was able to talk through their prep with their parents prior to their interviews, I went through current events and listened to my calming music alone.

                My interview went great as we spoke about the hot topics of the previous week’s U.N. World Summit and my platform L.O.V.E.: Learning to Overcome Violent Environments.  As I walked out, I looked over at my good friend and competitor, Ivana Hall, who pointed over to the couches across the hall.  Sitting on the couch were my father and stepmother, who had flown in to surprise me and cheer me on that night.  I teared up as I ran squeeling over to them.

                The rest of the competition day went smoothly as I had one of my best friends competing with me, another best friend in the audience cheering me on, and our other best friend giving up her title as Miss Fort Worth 2012 that night.  Backstage, my close friends were surrounding me as we supported each other through the night.  Onstage, I felt like I beamed knowing that my parents were in the audience sending good vibes my way.  At the end of the night, I was blessed to be crowned Miss Tarrant County 2013 with the INCREDIBLE Bates family as my executive directors and the AMAZING and hardworking Lynn Alexander as my Associate Director.  I could not be more thrilled to have Holly Morgan as my Miss Tarrant County’s Outstanding Teen and Mallory Fuller, who I have grown very close to the last couple years, as the Miss Fort Worth’s Outstanding Teen.  That night started an amazing year as we all joined together that evening at a pancake restaurant for our huge family celebration.


                The next day, we all got together to go through our contracts, the expectations of the year, and to understand the organization and its direction.  The extent to which the Bates and the entire Fort Worth Organization is organized and efficient astounds me.  I am so proud to be a part of such a passionate and hardworking group, though I know the return can only equal what I put in, which this year will be my whole heart, mind, and energy.  I spent some great time with my beautiful pageant sisters, their families, and our board members and even received some new gifts with my title on them!
                Immediately, we got to work.  My amazing AD, Lynn, has worked tediously to start figuring out my schedule and Miss Texas competition details to make sure we hit the ground running.  Additionally, knowing that Tarrant County is such an eclectic and active community, I began developing relationships with organizations the following week.  I am beyond excited to be named a partner and spokesperson for the Safehaven of Tarrant County, which has a women and children’s shelter in Arlington and one in Fort Worth.  From the moment I contacted them, they enthusiastically began scheduling me for events to help support their cause.                Even my coworkers at Modjarrad & Abusaad Law Firm were thrilled when they found out about my success at the pageant.  This was the first competition I had since I started working there so I was excited to bring back the good news.  It was also neat to know that many of our clients and business associates are from Tarrant County so sharing the news was that much sweeter.  My boss, Mr. Sean Modjarrad, as well as the firm as a whole is highly involved in the community so I think he was happy to know that I would be dedicating my time outside of work to helping others and participating in volunteer work.
                I could not wait to put that crown and sash on and begin representing the community of Tarrant County.   I know I am surrounded by not just a prep group but a family of people who love me and want to see me touch the skies and have an impactful year.

Ready to head to the after-pageant restaurant!
With my beautiful step-mother, Carolyn, when her and my father flew in to surprise me!  She is such a blessing.

With our incredible Executive Directors, Shelli and Dan Bates!

With our entire Miss Fort Worth Organization Board

With our amazing judges!

With one of my close friends Ivana backstage.  She was Miss Tarrant County 2012 and that night was crowned Miss North Texas 2013 so we will spend our year together!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment